- the most trendy colors are orange, green, and white;
- the staples are the single sole pumps and ankle straps;
- wooden soles are becoming more popular;
- slip into pieced multi-colored footwear that can be made of different materials, and you will look fashion-forward;
- sculptural heels make the footwear look unusual and stylish; they can be of different shapes starting from thin and curved to massive and chunky;
- sporty shoes like heeled or glamorous sneakers are still a la mode;
- lizard pattern is popular;
- ankle wraps are in fashion;
- bronze color and footwear accessories (e. g. buckles, clasps, etc.) are trendy.
As for trends for spring/summer 2014 footwear it’s worth to mention that some of them have already been in fashion, and now the designers have given them new life. Check out the most fabulous trends.
The mule is back due to Victoria Beckham, Jenny Kanye, Alturzarra and several more designers.
The gladiator sandals stick around again. The models by Derek Lam and Richard Chai and Rebecca Minkoff are more classical, and the ones by Anna Sui look original.
The slingback returns owing to Francisco Costa, Michael Kors, Bottega Veneta, Altuzarra, and other designers.
The Birkenstock is a new face of the athletic trend. Nice and comfortable – what can be better? Isabel Marant, Houghton and Trina Turks make it fashionable again.
The chunky platform appears on the runways of Dolce & Gabbana, John Galliano, Gaultier, etc. Now it is extremely high and showy.
The knee high lace up sandals designed by Gucci, Roberto Cavalli, Tom Ford and Marissa Webb are worth of your attention. Ruffles added by Emanuel Ungaro make the sandals playful.
Pointed shoes soon will be everywhere. They can be of different forms such as booties, flats or pumps.
The next fall you will find a wide variety of footwear, mostly high-heeled boots. Besides, seasonless footwear will also be popular, so let us outline the main trends.
- Low ankle boots are practical as they are the perfect choice for everyday wear. Shank and heel heights may vary.
- Mary Jane silhouette has an update – the t-strap makes it look elegant and stylish.
- The open toe bootie with simple structure is chic and practical.
- Over-the-knee boot can be made of leather or stretch suede.
- Pair tights with lace-up sandals and you will look trendy and stylish.