Every woman who wants to look fashionable and trendy should have a wonderful black dress. There are so many different variants of dresses but none of them is more powerful as the black one. Once Chanel Creative Director, a famous designer Karl Lagerfeld said that one was never underdressed or overdressed wearing just a Little Black Dress. And of course that’s true because it’s a universal garment.
Black dress is a versatile garment
You can wear a black dress to the office, to the date or to the black tie event. You can put it on even if you go to the movies or just want to go for a walk. Certainly we have to say that not all the black dresses are equal. In the world of fashion there are some types of black dresses for women to have in their wardrobes.
7 types of black dresses
Here we want to offer you 7 different types of black dresses and the ways of wearing them.
- A casual maxi dress. This type of black dress is very glamorous and you can effortlessly wear it almost everywhere from a day of errands to the informal date. Also such dress is very comfortable and you will feel great wearing it. In spring, when the weather is still cool, pair the casual black dress with a motorcycle jacket and ankle boots. In summer your dress can work great with a pair of stylish gladiator sandals.
- A slip black dress.It has been a real trend on the runways recently. This type of dress is very stylish and sexy. To make your look more casual pair a slip dress with an oversized sweater. And if you want to go for va-va-voom you should look for a strappy pair of shoes. Don’t forget about stylish accessories.
- A sheath black dress. A classic sheath dress is great as a formal office piece. But it can be transformed into a night garment with the help of statement jewelry and elegant footwear. In the daytime for the office pair the sheath black dress with black pumps and a beautiful blazer. To change the look for the cocktail party add a glamorous necklace and strappy sandals.
- A flared black dress. It is a wonderful addition to any wardrobe. Such silhouette is inspired with the classic dresses of 1950s. You can pair it with ballet flats to make your look more casual, and for the evening affair this type of dress will be great with a pair of jewel-toned satin pumps.
- A black lace dress. Such type of dress looks very glamorous. Many fashion brands like Dolce & Gabanna, Zara and H&M offer it in their collections. To be stylish and trendy keep a black lace dress simple, just add a little handbag and classic pumps. To make your look more provocative add a red lipstick and big statement earrings.
- A party black dress. Every woman should have a black dress which can make her look extra-festive. It can be feathered, bejeweled or with bright panels. Avoid big accessories wearing this garment. The dress is perfect itself, let it shine.
- A black statement gown. It’s important for every woman to have a black gown which can be worn for a black tie occasion. You can accessorize it according to the event. To make a dramatic look, add a collar necklace, chandelier earrings or gold bracelets. This type of dress is very universal. Various accessories and make up can make the same dress look different.
If you haven’t got a little black dress yet follow our tips and tricks and find the dress for every occasion. Accessorize it and look stylish and fashionable.