A top is an indispensable clothing item, especially for the spring/summer season. Tops complete so many stylish looks with your favorite skirts, pants, jeans and shorts. What kind of tops to shop around for in 2014? Let’s throw light on the sharpest tops tendencies spring-summer 2014.
Trendy Tops Spring/Summer 2014
- Cropped tops. These are found in most collections spring/summer 2014 (Christian Dior, Calvin Klein, Versace and many others). Designers believe that if you are blessed with a beautiful flat stomach, it should be exposed. Cropped tops look wonderful with high-waisted pants, shorts and skirts.
- Long tops. In case you are not ready to expose your stomach, no problem. There are enough long tops in the spring/summer collections. Pair them with jeans and leggings.
- Asymmetric tops. Tops with a strap over one shoulder are in trend. Asymmetry can distract attention from the weaker sides of your figure, such as the unperfect waist or shoulder line. At the same time it always looks more interesting and unusual than most tops with symmetric cuts.
- Bandeau tops. Summer is the ideal time for more revealing outfits. Bandeau tops 2014 appeared in summer/spring collections of Monique Lhuillier, Versus, Sass & Bide and others. Don’t miss a chance to demonstrate your beautiful neck and shoulders this summer.
- High neck tops. Normally high neck tops make your neck look shorter. On the other side, they look great with mini skirts and are going to be in trend during the season. Such tops were presented in collections of Emilio Pucci, Vera Wang, Alexander Wang and others.
Picking the most flattering tops for the season, pay attention not only to the type of the fitting and cuts, but the following trendy prints as well.
Trendy Tops Prints Spring/Summer 2014
Horizontal stripes (a nautical theme) is an absolute hit of the season. Black and white prints are also in trend. View collections of Emilio Pucci, Sea, Lela Rose for striped tops. You’ll find traditional black or dark blue stripes on white and softer versions, such as pink on white. Be careful with horizontal stripes if your shoulders are rather broad, because these will make them even broader.
Floral and geometric prints are also going to be popular this summer.
Get 3-4 tops for every skirt or a pair of pants in your wardrobe, complete them with chic accessories, and you will be able to wear a new interesting look every day.