We all almost come to the time when the evenings become cool and rather windy. And certainly everyone wants to wear something warm and trendy at the same time. One of the most comfortable and popular trend of the upcoming season is knits. What is the best thing in it? Certainly, cozying up in warm and soft sweaters.
Creating a trendy look
Lightweight knits which are made of cotton, wool and cashmere are wonderful pieces for the layering this season. Many famous fashion designers have created wonderful wool pieces like dresses, tops and skirts. Also we have seen woolen onesies, relaxed cardigans and beautiful slouchy crewnecks on the runway shows. They all have had interesting textures and prints, like sport logos and animal prints. So, this fall you will feel yourself warm and comfy. How to create your own outfits to look trendy and fashionable? Opt for relaxed pieces but add some fitted clothes to temper the giant styles. You can wear knitted cardigans and finish the look with high heels or oxford shoes. It can add some polish to the outfit. A large knitted top can be paired with a stylish pencil skirt or skinny jeans.
Autumn knitwear of different colours
Speaking about colours you should remember that neutrals are on top. They are versatile and can be easily combine with different prints and patterns. Also earthy and autumn colours like olive, all shades of blue and green, orange and pink are popular this season. If you like neutrals, opt for pink shades. They look perfect in cold seasons. Try fuchsia shawl coats, magenta wool motos and light pink crops made of angora. By the way, angora has been presented in almost all the fashion collections in such pieces as skirts, sweaters, tube tops and even jumpsuits and snoods.
Knits in the designers’ collections
In spite of the athletic-inspired collections, which have been shown in the fashion runway shows in spring, the fall 2014 will for sure be the season of cozy and warm sweater dressing. We all usually associate knitwear with stuffy jumpers, sweater sets and knitted dresses. But famous designers and fashion houses have created wonderful soft and versatile pieces for fashionistas this fall. Let’s have a look at this apparel.
- Such designers like Céline, Carven, Miu Miu, Jennifer Wells and John Muscat have created incredible feminine pieces in pink shades. Pink can be called the neutral when speaking about the cold months. It can be from bold and bright to powdery, delicate and pale.
- Muscat and Wells propose contrasting collection, which is pretty and strong, soft and hard at the same time. Many pieces of clothes are pink and very soft, but they are adorned with various zippers and leather details, which are rather strong. You can find here stylish pencil skirts with high waist, wool jackets with leather sleeves and beautiful sweater dresses with leather elements. Standout looks of this collection have included stylish and beautiful midnight blue velvet jumpsuit, which look like silk, and blue and black sweater with croc print.
- Alexander Wang has presented a grey knit-silk sweater on his runway show in Balenciaga. Gisele Bundchen has been dressed in a grey bejeweled variant of it. But there have been several variations of this warm crewneck piece at the catwalk. So, choose any you prefer.
- Céline has created awesome sets of knitted sweaters and trendy flared leggings. These ensembles are perfect for walking out on cold evenings.
- Chanel also has offered knitted sets, which consist of matching warm sweaters and comfortable leggings. They come in orange stripes and universal enough for all the situations.
- Lagerfeld wanted to show that the knitwear is not always baggy or shapeless and created wonderful sweater dresses, which are sparkly sculpted and formal. Stella McCartney, Edun and Hussein Chalayan has also presented their variations of the sweater dresses. They all are very different, with the unique spin, but very beautiful.
- Michael Kors likes knitwear very much. He supports using it in every collection. This time he has created an oversized cardigans, making them sexy adding a plunging neckline. Are you ready to wear them?
- Anteprima and Hermès have created stylish open cardigans, which can be a good changing for formal wear like jackets at cold evenings and nights.
- Calvin Klein proposes sheath dresses in which he stacked a few knit panels together. The oversized knitted sweaters of his collection can be worn with stylish leather pants. Such outfit will let you feel strong and trendy.
As you see, sweaters and other knitwear are very popular this season. Lots of different designers use them in their fashion collections. Comfort becomes on-trend. You can wear cozy pieces and be stylish. Before choosing the perfect item, think about your preferences, favourite colours and trendy cuts and shapes. And, in this case, you will feel comfortable and beautiful.
The video of line knitwear for the Fall and Winter 2014 from the Toronto Fashion Week